Post by Scoutpilot on Dec 28, 2014 15:19:23 GMT -5
The first official Jeep carburetor, the Carter 450S and later 450SA was installed on the L-134 in the MA. Since the motor was borrowed from the Willys Americar, the same carburetor, the Carter 440 was initially used. Carter subsequently came up with the 450S. It was used from the first issuance in 1940 until around early 1941, when it was superseded by the 539S-K1. The Carter bulletin shows the 450S and the photographs are of the 440.
Casting Number 200 on face of flange
Last Edit: Dec 8, 2019 12:07:20 GMT -5 by Scoutpilot